For a number of companies, the shift to remote work due to the COVID-19 pandemic was an unplanned and urgent change. Good job, if you’ve been fortunate enough to stay operational and engaged! Now that we’re a few months in, it’s a good time to contemplate how to improve on what you’re already doing. Here are some tips on keeping your organization on top of its game while working remotely. CPT Of South Florida is a provider of business telecommunications services in West Palm Beach. If you’re looking for business phone systems Miami business owners trust, call CPT of South Florida at our Fort Lauderdale headquarters today!
Tips From A Provider Of Business Telecommunications Services
Here are some top tips on keeping your business running efficiently while having employees work from home:
- Remote work ground rules- While working remotely, teams lack a lot of the visual clues that typically generated communication when everybody was in the same building. If somebody has their door closed, for example, then their coworkers know to leave them be. These indicators are not there when working remotely, so it’s important to set up a few ground rules. Everybody these days uses a wide range of communication channels. You can manage phone calls, emails, texts, chats and more. Speak with your team regarding which ways of communicating will be the most viable for each specific situation. There are certain things that may be able to be accomplished over text or Slack, but other things will require the more formal documentation of email. Complex or important conversations should always be made over the phone or video chats; by having a playbook on how to stay connected, it will keep your employees much more grounded.
- Check in with the team- A lot of workers have children at home with schooling schedules and other scheduling factors to account for, so always check in with the team regarding the best times for meetings.
- Define roles and authority- If there isn’t a clear set of roles and responsibilities, then two major issues can happen. Firstly, without clear rules, people make their own decisions without input or approval, resulting in chaos and mistakes. The second is that everybody is so terrified of making the wrong decision that it impacts productivity. By establishing clear roles, these situations can both be avoided.
We Provide Business Phone Systems Miami Trusts
- Video meetings- It’s important to implement a few rules for your team regarding video meetings, such as:
- Eliminate distractions- Poor sound quality can be a significant distraction, so ensure that everybody has and uses a headset for the best results. Try to have everybody who isn’t speaking stay on mute.
- Don’t multitask- While everybody multitasks during conference calls, it’s more of a problem with video meetings. Bringing somebody back to the conversation takes a significant amount of time and impacts moments. You’re more likely to make a mistake, and it’s clear to everybody when someone on a video call is scrolling through their phone.
- Limit active participants- The number of participants who can effectively communicate during a video meeting will depend on the purpose of the call. If your objective is to collaborate and share ideas back and forth, it’s not easy to manage more than ten active video feeds at once, but if just one or two presenters are sharing information, video meetings can include hundreds of participants.
Contact Us Today
It’s important to have efficient remote working policies to get the most of your remote team. CPT Of South Florida provides business telecommunications services in West Palm Beach. If you’re looking for business phone systems Miami businesses trust, call our Fort Lauderdale headquarters today!