When it comes to data center service providers, security is an absolute must to protect the information of your customers and your business. You’ve probably heard of cybersecurity before as well as IT security, but is there a difference? What do you need to know about each to ensure that your data is kept safe? When it comes to IT companies in Miami, we at CPT of South Florida have provided IT services Miami businesses rely on, as well as for businesses in Fort Lauderdale. We want to make sure you know what the difference is between IT security and cybersecurity, as well as how you can benefit from these services.
IT Security Vs Cybersecurity
For many, these two terms may seem interchangeable, but it’s important to recognize the differences between them. First, let’s explain what cybersecurity is. This is a form of security that focuses on electronic assets. It focuses on how WAN and LAN resources that are used to store and transmit information are attacked. Cybersecurity works to prevent hackers from gaining access to private data electronically. IT security is a broader umbrella term that includes cybersecurity as a function. IT separates security into groups of physical security, cybersecurity, and information security. Each has their own group and their own function. To elaborate on these other functions, physical security focuses on protecting you and your staff as well as your building. Information security is more about data backup and protecting your information from being lost.
The Benefit of IT Companies in Miami
- Cost Savings
- The loss of data and information can be financially devastating, and without proper security, it’s not a question of “if,” but “when.” This means that an efficient IT security service can prevent the cost of information loss.
- Disaster Recovery
- IT security holds systems in place to prepare for scenarios where disasters can still strike. If these rare occurrences were to happen, your security network would help your business recover quickly and easily.
- With an IT security service, the information security team will be in charge of protecting your business’ information. This includes backing up and protecting that information so that, even if the data were to be lost, you’ll still have access to all your vital documents.
- Remote & On-Site Support
- When it comes to requesting support from your IT security team, you’ll have on-site help to refer as well as access to remote assistance as well. Any kinds of questions, concerns, worries, or issues that occur can be responded to promptly.
- No Hidden Fees
- IT security services are upfront about their costs. A major element to any form of security is trust, and IT services want to earn your trust through transparency and communication.
- Less Downtime
- If security issues arise, there can be a lot of time wasted while the problems are managed without a proper security team. IT services can mitigate this time loss, especially since many potential problems will be prevented in the first place.
- Fewer Disruptions
- When you don’t have security, it can be easy for some of the smallest problems to cause disruption to your business. Since their job is to handle any of these issues, they’ll be handled by your security team so that your business isn’t interrupted.
- Peace of Mind
- Without security, there’s always the concern about something bad happening when you least expect it. With security on your side, this no longer becomes an issue.
Contact Us for IT Services Miami Businesses Trust
When it comes to IT companies in Miami, you want someone you can rely on to protect your business, your business’ data, and your business’ information. For this reason, Miami and Fort Lauderdale companies should consider us at CPT of South Florida. We provide IT Services Miami companies trust with their data, and we think you should too. For more information, contact us today and protect yourself and your data.