With the development of the COVID-19 virus, and many businesses now operating remotely, hackers have been having a field day getting access to sensitive information from workers operating on less secure networks. We at CPT of South Florida are an IT security company in Fort Lauderdale with a reputation around the West Palm Beach area for our successful IT services and cybersecurity assistance. If you’re concerned about your team operating remotely, then you’re not alone. We have several pieces of information we want to share so that your security won’t be compromised by insecure networks outside of your control. For the best IT support Fort Lauderdale businesses trust for their cybersecurity, let us give you the tips you need to protect your company.
IT Security Company Steps for Safety
If your business is running thanks to remote employees, it’s important to recognize that their network is likely far less secure than the one from your office. So what is a business owner to do in order to protect themselves from dangerous cybercriminals? Here are a few steps you can take to increase your company’s security during these times.
- Invest in your Technology
- The first thing you can do is look at other forms of cybersecurity technology and consider investing in added protection. A great example of what we mean that we recommend is establishing a VPN (or virtual private network) that your team can then use to transfer sensitive data securely.
- Establish Protocol
- It’s important to come up with a plan and protocol for how to go about continuing business while your team works remotely. Put into words what you expect in your team’s security and make sure your team is aware of this new protocol. As long as everyone is on the same page, you will have an easier time working together to keep the business safe.
- Communicate with your Team
- Lastly, don’t forget to communicate changes that are happening to your staff as they happen. Make sure everyone understands what is expected of them and what you’re doing to make sure everyone’s work can be done safely and efficiently.
Protection for Opening Offices
If you’re planning to reopen your company offices, then it’s important to take proper security measures to ensure your team is as safe as possible. COVID-19 is still a threat, after all, and it cannot be taken lightly. Consider investing in thermal scanning technology, for example, which you can use to identify individuals suffering from a fever to ensure no high-risk individuals can contaminate your work environment. If a staff member is feverish, you can then inform them and have them work remotely. This technology can also detect whether or not individuals are wearing masks, so if you’d like to enforce safe practices in the workspace, this can help you achieve that.
Learn More About IT Support Fort Lauderdale Businesses Rely On
Getting help from an IT security company is always a beneficial step toward protecting your company and your employees. If you have further questions, you can contact CPT of South Florida in the West Palm Beach area. We’ll offer you some of the most effective IT support Fort Lauderdale can provide.