Finding the right IT security solutions is essential to making sure that your small business is protected from attacks, and the IT support Fort Lauderdale business owners rely on can help you out! The professionals at CPT of South Florida in Miami have years of knowledge that can help you create a plan to ensure that your business is fully protected at all times and from all angles. Keep reading to learn more about their security solutions and tips.
The Top IT Security Tips for Protecting Your Small Business from Attacks
As a business owner, IT protection should be one of your biggest concerns and worries. Protecting your company is critical to making sure there are no threats or potential risks. This is why so many owners are hiring the IT support Fort Lauderdale locals trust the most to assist them with creating a security plan that is effective.
One of the greatest things about technology is the fact that it continues to grow and expand at a rapid rate. However, with this evolution and advancement comes a great threat. The types of attacks on technology that business owners are witnessing weren’t around two or three years ago, which means that IT protection is something that needs to be evaluated and redone every year. Experiencing downtime of any kind can have a significant impact on your bottom line. In an effort to keep up with the ever-changing IT threat, it’s crucial that you have regular risk assessments done. However, it’s not always easy to figure out where to start; below you’ll find some of the top security tips from the experts!
- Updates and Patching: Having a good patching policy is critical to keeping your technology safe. Also, it is crucial to be sure that all the computers in your office are getting the necessary security updates. In addition, you should get rid of all end of life software and operating systems such as Windows XP because there isn’t going to be the protection you need.
- Backups: Having backups on file and available is vital to making sure your business can still function in the event of an attack. If you keep your backups in a cloud, a hacker could easily delete the backups first and then move into your system, which is why it is imperative to have them somewhere they can’t be accessed in an attack.
- Be Smart with Admin Rights: No employee or user should have full admin rights all of the time on the network, domain, or even their computer. It is smarter to have a couple of dedicated admin users that can approve computer activity on all of the devices in the office.
- Training: One of the easiest things to overlook and probably one of the most effective is proper training for all of your employees. If everyone in your organization is aware of your cybersecurity landscape and potential threats as well as how to react and handle them, an attack is less likely to happen.
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication: Any information that is accessible outside of your company’s office should have to go through two-factor authentication to be sure that it is going into the right hands. This is a simple step that can add additional security.
Contact Us for IT Security Solutions
The executive team at CPT of South Florida in Miami has over 60 years of combined tech experience. We pride ourselves on having a group of employees that can work with clients of any size while continuing to provide individualized and detailed solutions for each project. Call or visit us today to find out more about the IT support Fort Lauderdale businesses can trust.