VoIP phone systems are becoming more and more popular in offices across the West Palm Beach area, but if you’re using these systems than it is critical that you understand the terminology and language that goes along with them. That is where CPT of South Florida can help! Their team of experts can not only help you implement one of these systems into your offices, but they can also help you understand the terms that you will naturally begin using more. Keep reading to learn more about the VoIP Miami business owners are implementing!
Understanding the Terms that Go Along with VoIP Phone Systems
Finding the VoIP Miami businesses trust the most can be difficult, especially when you aren’t fully aware of the language that goes along with these systems. In order to effectively implement a VoIP system, you need to be sure that you understand the terms that are used in conjunction with these systems, so your employees are all on the same page.
- IP: Internet protocol is a method of transporting calls or data across your local area network.
- VoIP: Voice over internet protocol is the phone system that manages your connection and telephone service. It is responsible for directing your calls through the internet and technology.
- PBX: Private branch exchange is a telecommunications system that works to manage your phone and fax machine’s call control functions.
- PSTN: Publicly switched telephone network is the traditional circuit telephone network. This system utilizes copper wires to transfer analog voice data.
- Hosted PBX/Hosted VoIP: refers to a system where the provider is responsible for housing and controlling the technology off-site.
- On-premise PBX: this system is similar to the traditional PBX system, it is set up at the company’s office in the equipment room.
- Hybrid phone system: This system is an upgrade from organizations who want to make the switch to a VoIP system, but don’t want to spend the money re-wiring and replacing their TDM.
- TDM: Time-division multiplexing is a standard method of receiving and transmitting signals.
- UC: Unified communication is a phone system that integrates multiple communication methods inside your business.
- SIP: Session initiation protocol is a method for sending and delivering phone services through an IP connection.
- FXS Port: Foreign exchange subscriber port is an interface that connects the devices inside your office to a VoIP adapter.
- FXO Port: Foreign exchange office port is the interface that connects your plain old telephone service to the VoIP adapter.
- VoIP Phone System: A VoIP phone system is the operating system and PBX software.
- Open Source VoIP Phone System: This phone system is an underlying operating system that is free and available to the public. You will have complete access and control over.
Contact Us for the VoIP Miami Businesses Trust!
The executive team at CPT of South Florida has over 60 years of combined tech experience, providing VoIP phone systems to businesses across the West Palm Beach area. We pride ourselves on having a group of employees that can work with clients of any size while continuing to provide individualized and detailed solutions for each project. Call or visit us today to find out more about how we can help your business run more efficiently!