Guaranteed Uptimes: RingCentral’s Transparent Uptime History Shows They are Exceeding 5 9s
Problems never happen at a convenient time, whether that is a phone outage or other issue. RingCentral and Vonage both offer 99.999% or “five nines” uptime guarantee. However, RingCentral has a history of exceeding 5 9s and offers a transparent look at their uptime history for the last 30 through 365 days: https://status.ringcentral.com/
It is common to find uptimes of 6 9s or even 100% for some RingCentral services. While Vonage does guarantee 5 9s, the status and history are not as clear as RingCentral’s: https://uc.vonagestatus.com/history
What does this mean for you? It means that when you opt for RingCentral, you can expect less than 5 minutes of yearly downtime. To put that in perspective, companies that offer 3 9s can expect nearly 9 hours of yearly downtime. The high availability offered by RingCentral reigns supreme in the VoIP service industry.
Comparing Vonage and RingCentral’s Features
Where things really get interesting is in the details and features that are included with RingCentral that either aren’t available with Vonage or are available on a limited basis. For example, if you still use fax machines for various communications with partners and others, RingCentral supports this from the get-go where Vonage requires an add-on to handle them. Direct messaging and team messaging are standard features with RingCentral but are limited with Vonage. And integrating with a variety of different devices is a major feature with RingCentral with more than 300 out-of-the-box integrations. Vonage only has around 20.
One of the benefits to Vonage has historically been it’s pricing. Vonage offers low-cost plans and discounts based on the number of users. However, RingCentral has responded to market demands by becoming more competitive in pricing, providing businesses with cost-effective solutions while delivering a superior service. RingCentral also offers more features in their lowest-tier plans, as well as free trials for multiple services to new subscribers.
- RingCentral: Pricing for RingCentral’s business phone plans typically ranges from about $20 to $35 per user per month with an annual subscription plan. Free trials and additional volume discounts are available.
- Vonage: Pricing for Vonage’s business phone plans ranges from about $14 to $28 per user per month, with a minimum 1-year contract required for new accounts. Additional volume discounts are available.
Pricing varies based on the plan and features selected. While Vonage offers a basic plan at a lower rate than RingCentral, it may not meet your businesses needs. The best way to compare plan pricing is with the assistance of an experienced IT consultant.
How We Evaluated Vonage vs RingCentral
When evaluating the business phone solutions offered by Vonage and RingCentral, we employed a thorough and comprehensive approach to ensure a meticulous comparison. Our assessment aimed to delve deeply into various critical factors, including reliability, features, industry recognition, and service performance. Here’s an overview of our evaluation process:
- Reliability and Uptime Guarantee: We scrutinized both Vonage and RingCentral’s uptime guarantees to understand the reliability and consistency of their services. Our goal was to gauge how each provider upholds their uptime promise and how openly they share this critical information.
- Feature Comparison and Innovation: Our evaluation scrutinized the comprehensive suite of features and functionalities offered by both providers. We compared and contrasted the voice, SMS, and fax capabilities, emphasizing the unique strengths of each service. The contrast in audio conference capabilities – with RingCentral supporting up to 1,000 users compared to Vonage’s 200-user limit – was a significant aspect we explored. Additionally, we detailed the specific SMS functionalities provided by RingCentral, such as group, bulk, and high-volume SMS, and the absence of these features in Vonage’s service.
- Pricing and Competitive Value: As cost-effectiveness is a crucial consideration for businesses, we reviewed the pricing structures and plans of both Vonage and RingCentral. We noted the recent shifts in RingCentral’s competitive pricing strategies, analyzing how these modifications have affected the overall value proposition and cost efficiency compared to Vonage.
Getting Started with RingCentral
When you are looking for a solid and robust VoIP phone system installation in Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Miami, and the surrounding areas, RingCentral stands out. Whether it’s advanced features, reliability, or industry recognition, the following detailed comparison will shed light on why RingCentral stands as the superior choice in this competitive landscape.
Talk with our team at CPT of South Florida about making the move to RingCentral.